Lack of Confidence or Self-Esteem
Do you suffer from a lack of confidence or low self-esteem? Well, if you do, you are not alone! Most of us have some insecurity about our abilities or our worth. The question is, to what degree? If your lack of confidence or low self-esteem is holding you back from pursuing the career you’ve always wanted or from seeking the love of your life, then my Toronto counseling office is where you can find help.
Self-confidence and self-esteem go hand in hand. Because, if you don’t try, the message you’re giving yourself is “you don’t deserve it,” or “you aren’t good enough.” This just reinforces low self-esteem and your self-confidence never gets a chance to develop.
This is how I will help you build self-confidence and self-esteem:
· First of all, I will listen closely and without judgment to how you feel about yourself and how this affects your life, hopes, and dreams.
· Next, we will examine the patterns of behaviour that may be keeping your confidence or self-esteem low. This will involve looking more closely at your lifestyle and your relationships.
· Once we determine how you are contributing to your negative feelings about yourself, we will devise ways to turn this around.
· I will provide you with grounding techniques to help get a handle on any compulsive thoughts or behaviours that make you feel bad about yourself. You can even begin practicing new, constructive behaviours right here in the office.
· If there are underlying causes, like a history of being put down, ignored or abused, we will examine these, too. Together, we will make sense of how they contribute to your negative feelings about yourself.
· And finally, I will help you process old hurts and old psychological injuries. This will go a long way toward repairing your relationship with yourself and building confidence and self-esteem.